|Romancing SaGa/Minstrel Song character|
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song
Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
Albert (アルベルト Aruberuto?) is one of the main protagonists of Romancing SaGa and its remake, Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song. He is the son of Lord Rudolf and Lady Mariah, who rule over Isthmus Keep, and brother to Diana. He was born in Isthmus Keep and can be found in Isthmus Keep, Crystal City and Altours.
He is voiced in Japanese by Yuu Urata and in English by Yuri Lowenthal in the remake.
In Romancing SaGa, Albert has short, blond hair and wears a green cape. In addition to that, he wears white pants, blue boots and silver armor.
In the remake Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, Albert's hair is blond and stylized with tips fraying out on the side. A rather infamous addition is the inclusion of purple wings. Despite his previously established figure, Albert is notably less muscular than before, and his ingame model is actually shorter than Jamil's, who was originally the shortest male protagonist. He sports blue pants, purple shoes, and multicoloured shirt with yellow, blue and green markings respectively.
Albert is shown to be a noble knight, respecting anyone and anything noble, as seen in the 100% ending where he notes Hawke's behaviour as rude, as he is speaking loudly while a princess is talking.
During a routine monster clearing of a nearby cave with his older sister Diana, Albert notices a strange glyph on the wall, but Diana insists that they hurry back to their parents to report their success. Later that night, Saruin's minions attack his home in a surprise night raid while the people of the Isthmus are distracted celebrating Diana's recent engagement to Prince Neidhart.
Lord Rudolf commands Albert and Diana to flee the castle and report the incident to Neidhart. During their escape from Isthmus Keep, Albert and Diana are confronted by a powerful dragon on a cliff. Diana throws Albert from the cliff and faces the dragon alone to ensure Albert's safe escape.
Albert is rescued by Monica and taken to her home in Loban. After he awakens, Monica tells Albert to travel to Bruelle and take a ship to Yeoville to reach the Kingdom of Rosalia. Albert sets out, but the ship to Yeoville is wrecked in a storm at sea.
Albert washes up near Valhalland and is rescued by the people there. He is cared for by the elder Gato and meets the warrior Sif in his villa. To thank the Valhallan people for saving his life, Albert offers to assist Sif in carrying out her orders from Gato to clear monsters from nearby caves. The player has the option of not being grateful to Sif and Gato, in which Albert must finish this quest alone.
After clearing out the monsters, Gato gives Albert a map and directions and sets him on his way toward Rosalia once again. Albert travels north to the Knights Dominion. He arrives first in Eugenstadt after crossing the Shiverland. In Eugendstadt Castle, Albert meets Lord Heinrich, who is headed to Mirsaburg where Albet can find a ship to the Kingdom of Rosalia.
Albert accompanies Lord Heinrich to Mirsaburg where he sits in on a meeting of the knighthood, who are discussing a recent monster uprising at an abandoned keep within the Dominion. Albert tells the counsel of the fate of Isthmus Keep, as he was an eye witness to the disaster. After agreeing to help Lord Theodore of Mirsaburg and the squire Raphael in recapturing the abandoned keep, Albert boards a ship from Mirsaburg and arrives safely in Rosalia.
Once reaching Crystal City, Albert is granted audience with Neidhart and tells him of the fate of Isthmus Keep.
Albert eventually realizes he is fated to face Saruin in battle. He finds that the strange glyph he saw with his sister in the cavern outside Isthmus Keep was actually the gateway to Saruin. Albert eventually faces and defeats Saruin, becoming the new hero of Mardias.
- Albert's Scenario: Main Character
- Other Scenarios: Playable Character, can be found with Sif in pubs around Crystal City or Altours. Early in the game he can only be found in Isthmus Keep. He cannot be recruited if Diana is in the party.
Note: Recruiting Albert unlocks Isthmus, Crystal City and Altours. With very few possible locations for him to appear in, recruiting him is not that hard. Recruiting Barbara or Gray is bound to unlock them, should one not yet have them.
- Initial attributes
|Hands||Leather Gloves||Legs||Leather Boots|
Character Specific Quests
- Monsters to the East
- Assault on Isthmus Keep
- An Expeditionary Force
Albert's offensive stats advance at a relatively average pace, making him best played as a jack-of-all-trades character.
His biggest flaws lie in his low defenses. His HP growth is mediocre, while his Endurance growth is weak. Good armor is a must to keep him alive.
In contrast, His Willpower is his best and fastest growing stat, making him proper against Magic-using enemies.
Albert starts off with the first Cosmology spell, Sunray, pre-learnt.
Differences between the versions
- Albert's design is different to the original version of the game.
- In the remake, when attacked by the dragons during the assault on Isthmus Keep, Albert is not given the choice to try and save Diana, run away, or [third option forgotten].
- In the SNES version, he was able to encounter Diana during one quest. In the PS2 version, it is impossible for Albert to encounter Diana, though she is seen with Neidhart during the ending as well as in Bruelle, impossible to reach.
Albert appeared as an obtainable character.
Albert appears as an obtainable character. He is a playable level 3/5 character in an event where Albert, Sif, Aisha and Jamil are cosplaying in Sengoku Era clothes.
- Please see the following for more information: Albert/Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
Albert appears as an obtainable character. The regular versions of Albert are obtainable as gacha units from the regular gacha pool. The Christmas-themed version of Albert was only available as an exclusive gacha unit during the second Christmas event.
SaGa Compilation Trading Card Game
Albert appears as an obtainable card.
Non-SaGa series appearances
Albert appears as an obtainable character as part of a crossover promotion with Emperors SaGa. His appearance is based on his original design. His attribute is Light and his leader skill is Fortune-style dance team (鳳天舞の陣?). His Brave Bursts are Meteor sword (流星剣?) and Immobility sword (不動剣?).
- "A boy aristocrat who is guided by fate destined and has a different world. Born as a son of the Isthmus Keep who is in a different world, he was grown up straight with the wisdom of his parents and brave sister. Somewhat naive and unreliable, there are some aspects that can not be relied on, but it has the power to bear the essentials of protecting the border in the future. However, one day before the ceremony of the adult was ahead of the ceremony, the castle collapsed due to the army of the demon who suddenly got out. Destiny imposed a further trial on him who was escaped by the older sister who is a knight at the desperation of death. (運命石に導かれし異界の少年貴族。異界にあるというイスマス城主の息子として生まれ、賢明な両親と勇敢な姉の愛に育まれ真っ直ぐに成長した。やや世間知らずで頼りない面もあるが、将来国境の守りの要を担うに相当しい力を秘めている。しかし成人の儀式を目前に控えたある日、突如湧いた魔物の軍勢により城は陥落。騎士である姉の決死の覚悟で逃がされた彼に、運命は更なる試練を課した。?)"
- —4★ Description
- "A boy aristocrat who is guided by fate destined and has a different world. After losing himself from the fall of his hometown, Isthmus Keep, he flows to the place of severe cold and fulfills his return with the help of a female fighter. When traveling again to search for an older sister whose life and death are unknown, it will grow through encounter with the monster of the four pillars that once faced God, and accomplish the feat of preventing the resurrection of the evil spirit. Albert's story that it was trusted by demons is said to be handed down in a different world with its pure heart. (運命石に導かれし異界の少年貴族。故郷イスマス城陥落から一人落ち延びた彼は酷寒の地へと流れ着き、女戦士の助けを借りて帰還を果たす。生死不明の姉を探すべく再び旅立つと、かつて神に背いた四柱の怪物との出会いを通じて成長し、邪神の復活を阻止するという偉業を成し遂げる。魔物からも信頼されたというアルベルトの物語は、その純粋な心と共に今も異界で語り継がれているという。?)"
- —5★ Description
Fantasy Earth Zero
Albert's outfit appears as a costume.
- Unlike other protagonists, Albert has a large amount of his own storyline. This, along with the location of the final dungeon being Isthmus Keep, does make some consider him the main character of the game; however, others think these traits are in place to make Albert the best starting character for new players.
- If the player recruits Albert early in other characters' scenarios, then one can visit Prince Neidhart and conclude Albert's part of the scenario.
- Albert is the only character with access to Neidhart's castle. He must always be present in the team if one wishes to enter Crystal Palace. Even with Diana, Neidhart's wife who lives in the castle, entry is impossible.
- Albert and Diana can never be in the same party (excluding the introduction of Albert's scenario), nor can they ever encounter one another. This was, however, possible in the original SNES version, where Albert could meet Diana in Crystal Palace for a limited time. This quest was not finished and translated in the remake, but hints that it was planned, still remain: Diana is in Bruelle; the tower in there has an arrow indicating that it is a location one should be able to enter; and last, Albert still can be caught by the guards in Loban, and land in the jail where he'll hear about events related to the "Ailing Emperor" quest.
- Albert and Gray are also the only characters able to change their outfits permanently. When playing as Albert, he'll obtain his new armor at the end of the Dragon Knight quest if Neidhart is in the party and the dragon does not die.
- Sif and Albert seem to be very connected as they both meet in their respective scenarios early on and they can nearly always be found together in pubs; however, Albert cannot obtain the Dragon Orb in his scenario. This is quite ironic, considering that both the conclusion of the Dragon Orb quest and Mirsa's Armor are located in the Dragon Court.
- Albert is one of the two main characters that start off with a specific skill, Cosmology, no matter which class is chosen; the other being Barbara.
- Albert was featured in the A-Lim mobile game Brave Frontier as part of a crossover promotion. His appearance is based on his original design.