|Romancing SaGa/Minstrel Song character|
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song
Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
Barbara (バーバラ Baabara?) is one of the eight main characters in Romancing SaGa and its remake Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song. She was born in Mazewood and can be found in Northpoint, Uso, Crystal City, Altours, Estamir, Tarmitta and Weston.
She is voiced in Japanese by Emi Shinohara in the remake.
Barbara has long and fluffy red hair, tied up with a blue ribbon. She sports a few necklaces and armlets to boot, while wearing a short green shirt, a long yellow underskirt with a white overskirt with flower designs all over it. For some reason she is wearing a long blue sleeve in her respective artwork, though this is only seen in one illustration.
In Minstrel Song, she has a radically different design, sporting white hair with a red ribbon around it, a shirt red shirt, long and baggy black pants with yellow flower designs near her calves, and red heels.
Not much is known about Barbara besides the fact that she is passionate for her profeciency in dancing as she travels along the New Road.
Barbara is a dancer with a traveling entertainment troupe that performs all over the reach of New Road. She is friendly and quite sociable, but not much else is known about her. Herman is part of her crew.
- Barbara's Scenario: Main character
- Other scenario: Playable character, recruitable from Northpoint, Uso, Crystal City, Altours, North Estamir, South Estamir, Tarmitta or Weston
Note: Recruiting Barbara unlocks all the locations where she can be recruited, and the New Road. This, and her Fatestone make her very useful to recruit, however finding her can be challenging. One could possibly recruit Gray to unlock the Dry Lands, should one not have access to them.
* If Barbara is recruited to a party, she will have the Amethyst Fatestone equipped
Barbara's stats befit that of a martial artist. High Vitality ensures a solid Defense (making her great for the front row) while a high Compassion makes her a great healer. Her HP, Agility, Strength and Skill also grow at an average pace, making her fluid with any physical weapon type.
This combined focus of physical stats make Melee combat a solid choice for Barbara as it plays to her strengths.
Her Magic tends to suffer however, and she has the lowest base Willpower of the main characters, making her weak to enemy magic.
She begins with the Demonology spell "Energy Bolt" learned, as well as the Amethyst Fatestone equipped (ignoring her own story, in which she must view an event first) which nullifies enemy Demonology used on her.
Barbara appears as an obtainable character.
Barbara appears as an obtainable character.
- Please see the following for more information: Barbara (Romancing SaGa)/Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
Barbara appears as an obtainable character. The regular versions of Barbara are obtainable as gacha units from the regular gacha pool.
SaGa Compilation Trading Card Game
Barbara appears as an obtainable card.
Non-SaGa series appearances
Barbara appears as an obtainable character as part of a crossover promotion. Her appearance is based on her original design. Her attribute is Fire and her leader skill is Imperial Cross Increases (インペリアルクロス?). Her Brave Bursts are Fire Genjuts (火幻術?) and Dragon genie (竜幻術?).
- "Destiny guided by destiny stone and a dancer of the opposite world. Barbara, known as a gentle older sister skin person, traveled with a dancing troupe in a different world of Mardias. But at the end of the trip I was given a necklace from a poet I met in the settlement of the West End, and her destiny changed completely. The purple crystal that shines in the necklace is one of the twelve destiny stones involved in the fate of the owner and leads her to a journey to collect fate stones. (運命石に導かれし異界の踊り子。気風の良い姉御肌の人物として知られるバーバラは、旅芸人一座の踊り子として、異界の地マルディアスを旅していた。しかし、旅の終着点ウエストエンドの開拓地で出会った詩人から首飾りを贈られたことで、彼女の運命は一変してしまう。首飾りに輝く紫水晶は、持つ者の運命を絡め取る１２の運命石の１つであり、運命石を集める旅へと彼女を導いていく。?)"
- —4★ Description
- "Destiny guided by destiny stone and a dancer of the opposite world. Barbara who went on a journey inviting destiny walked around the unexplored areas of various places such as a crystal lake, a temple of a jungle and a treasure cabin of a pirate. By arranging destiny stones through death fighting on the demonic island and under the nether entrance, she will face the evil spirit with the mighty power sealed in mythical era. The story of Barbara who was involved in destiny and fought against destiny is still being handed down in the other world with its brilliant dance. (運命石に導かれし異界の踊り子。運命に誘われるまま旅に出たバーバラは水晶の湖、密林の神殿、海賊の宝物庫など、各地の秘境を巡り歩いた。魔の島での死闘や冥界降りを経て運命石を揃えたことで、彼女は神話の時代に封じられた強大な力を持つ邪神と相対することとなる。運命に絡め取られ、運命に抗ったバーバラの物語は、その華麗な舞とともに今も異界で語り継がれているという。?)"
- —5★ Description
- Barbara has access to the earliest possible Fatestone, the Amethyst. When you begin her story, simply talk to the Minstrel in the Weston pub and he will give it to you.
- If Barbara is recruited into another protagonist's party, she will come equipped with the Amethyst Fatestone.
- Barbara is one of the two main characters that start off their story with a mount, the other being Aisha. Though Aisha's mount can be used by other main characters, Barbara's cannot. Her mount can only be used if Barbara is your main character.
- Barbara is one of two main characters to start off with a specific skill belonging to her, Demonology, no matter what class you choose. The other is Albert.