|Romancing SaGa/Minstrel Song character|
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song
Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
Claudia (クローディア Kuroodeia?) is one of the eight main characters in Romancing SaGa and its remake Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song. She was born in Mazewood and can be found in Melvir, Aurefont and Altours.
She is voiced in English by Karen Strassman and in Japanese by Yuko Minaguchi in the remake.
- 1 Profile
- 2 Story
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Other appearances
- 5 Non-SaGa series appearances
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Navigation
Claudia has long brown hair, sports an orange/green combo dress, covered by a green vest with blue markings, and has multiple green fabric pieces on her forearms and calves.
In Minstrel Song, Claudia is seen sporting a green cap, a green dress with yellow markings, black shorts under said dress, and large black boots.
Claudia is an orphan that was raised by Eule, the witch of the forest. Claudia spent her entire life in Mazewood, where she lived among the creatures of the forest, with Eule being the only human besides herself living there.
One day, Eule senses monsters near the entrance to the forest and sends Claudia together with the bear Brau and the wolf-like creature Sylvan to take a look at the situation. Upon reaching the entrance, she witnesses Gian, an Imperial Knight of the Bafal Empire, get attacked by monsters. Claudia helps Gian fight the monsters off. Gian thanks Claudia for the help, but seems a bit surprised when she tells him her name. He also notices an odd looking ring on her finger, calling Claudia "a little overdressed for the forest". Gian proceeds to hand Claudia a map of the Bafal Empire. Before leaving, he tells her to visit him at Elisabeth Palace should she ever be in Melvir.
When Claudia reports back to Eule, the witch isn't too pleased that Claudia got herself involved with someone else's troubles, but tells Claudia to make use of the map Gian gave her. She tells her to go explore the world and go wherever she wants with the one condition that, if Eule should ever need her, Claudia would return to the forest immediately. Claudia promises to do so, and leaves Mazewood together with Brau and Sylvan.
When she meets Gian at Elisabeth Palace, he introduces her to Lord Neville, who orders Gian to find a bodyguard for Claudia. Gian himself isn't allowed to look after Claudia, since his services are needed at the court for the time being. He only gets to find an inn for her and guard her till the next morning. While not exactly pleased with the entire situation, Claudia accepts it. The next day Gian introduces Claudia to Gray, whom he deems trustworthy to accompany Claudia on her journeys.
Warning! the following Paragraph contains Spoilers regarding Claudia's past.
At one point while staying at an inn, Eule contacts Claudia, telling her to return to Mazewood. As Claudia arrives there, Eule reveals to her that she is dying. Before Eule's time is up, though, there is something she has to tell Claudia. Claudia is not an orphan, but actually the daughter of the emperor of the Bafal Empire and rightful heir to the throne. The reason that she was given to Eule was to protect her from assassins, sent most likely by the Duke of Loban, an ambigitous man who is married to the emperor's sister.
With her last words, Eule tells Claudia to go visit the giant tree in the center of the forest. When Claudia is about to leave the forest again, Brau and Sylvan hesitate. Eule sent them with Claudia to watch over her and protect her, but they are creatures of the forest and Claudia no longer needs to be protected. Claudia leaves Mazewood to continue her journey, this time without Brau and Sylvan.
- Claudia's Scenario: Main character
- Other scenario: Playable character, recruitable from Melvir, Aurefont or Altours
Note: Recruiting Claudia unlocks Melvir, Aurefont and Mazewood. Unlocking her can be challenging, as the only easy way to make ventures between Melvir and Aurefont, is to recruit Gray, whom always shows up with Claudia anyway. There is an option to unlock Melvir by going from Rosalia to the Dry Lands, but that poses other problems.
Unique Party Members
- Brau joins Claudia at the beginning of the game and cannot be recruited by anyone else.
- Sylvan joins Claudia at the beginning of the game and cannot be recruited by anyone else.
- Eule Gives a Hoot
True to her concept art, Claudia is the best with a bow in her hands. Her Dexterity increases frequently and her Agility growth ensures that she can act very quickly, while her other stats advance at an average pace. Her high Dexterity also allows her to dabble in Foilery, though her low HP and Vitality make her a poor choice for the front row.
Claudia appears as an obtainable character.
Claudia appears as an obtainable character.
- See also: Claudia/Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
Claudia appears as an obtainable character. The regular versions of Claudia are obtainable as gacha units from the regular gacha pool.
SaGa Compilation Trading Card Game
Claudia appears as an obtainable card.
Non-SaGa series appearances
Claudia appears as an obtainable character as part of a crossover promotion with Emperors SaGa. Her appearance is based on her original design. Her attribute is Earth and her leader skill is Hunter Shift (ハンターシフト?). Her Brave Bursts are Everyone dies arrow (皆死ね矢?) and Dream Bow (夢想弓?).
- "It is led by destiny stone and a keeper of a forest of unusual circumstances. It was rumored as a mysterious beauty from the people of the city, occasionally witnessed the appearance of a silver wolf with deep inside the forest of a different world and handed the moon goddess' s bow. Parenting parents are witches in the forest of hesitation, which is told by lore, but teaching of magic is not done and their outcome is unknown. A ring of elegant features and a ring of sparkling fingers makes a noble birth, but Claudia himself seems to be hurting his fate, suffering as to who he is. (運命石に導かれし異界の森の番人。異界の森の奥深くで月の女神伝来の弓を手に白銀の狼を連れた姿が時折目撃され、街の人々から謎の美女として噂されていた。育ての親は伝承に語られる迷いの森の魔女だが、魔術の伝授はされておらず出目も不明。気品のある顔立ちと指に煌めく珊瑚の指輪が高貴な生まれを感じさせるが、クローディア自身、己が何者なのかと苦悩し、運命を恨んでいたようだ。?)"
- —4★ Description
- "It is led by destiny stone and a keeper of a forest of unusual circumstances. One day I will be invited to Melville, the capital of the empire, by helping a man attacked by demons in the forest. However, mysterious thugs are aiming for her who was supposed to leave the forest for the first time, various sufferings striking each other. A fateful fate makes her saved his emperor's life three times and also breaks ambitions of the evil spirit. Claudia's story that saved the land of another world from ruin is said to be handed down in a different world with its lonely beauty. (運命石に導かれし異界の森の番人。ある日森で魔物に襲われていた男を助けたことで帝国の首都メルビルに招待される。しかし初めて森を出たはずの彼女を謎の刺客が付け狙い、行く先々で様々な苦難が襲う。数奇な運命は彼女に三度皇帝の命を救わせ、邪神の野望をも打ち砕かせる。異界の地を破滅より救ったクローディアの物語は、その孤高の美貌と共に異界で語り継がれているという。 ?)"
- —5★ Description
- Brau and Sylvan only join the party when Claudia is the main character. They join her at the beginning of the game and leave at the end of the Quest "Eule gives a hoot". While no other character can recruit them, Claudia can't dismiss them from her party. When the Minstrel asks who to dismiss from the Party and either Brau or Sylvan is chosen, the Minstrel will instead reply "It's good to have friends, isn't it!?"
- While Lord Neville forbids Gian to join Claudia on her journey, because of his duties, Claudia still can simply recruit Gian once she gains access to Elizabeth Palace.
- Many of the quests in the Bafal Empire give hints about Claudia's origin, but only during "Eule Gives a Hoot" is the truth revealed to Claudia. Even after learning about her origin though, Claudia will not mention it and other characters (such as Gian) will still act the same as before towards her, trying to keep the secret.
- The only way to trigger the quest "Eule gives a hoot" without Claudia being your main character is to sleep at any inn at or after ER9 with Claudia in your party. You will be given three choices to either accompany her, let her go or force her to stay. If you force her to stay she will leave the party regardless.