|Romancing SaGa/Minstrel Song character|
Galahad (ガラハド Garahado?) is a playable character from Romancing SaGa and its remake, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song. He was born in Rosalia. He can be found in the Temple of Mirsa at Crystal City and at Altours.
He is voiced in Japanese by Hiroshi Matsumoto.
Galahad has a blond (?) topcut haircut, while sporting a purple shirt, pants and cloak combo, with black wristbands and calve wrappings.
In Minstrel Song, Galahad is mostly bald, but other than that he has long brown hair. He sports silver armor with bleu undertones and various designs. In his artwork, he is seen holding a gun and a knife, both of which are absent in the game.
Galahad is a self righteous Rosalian Officer. This is very clear when he showcases his cocky remarks about the main character when they ask for the sword.
Galahad is a Rosalian Officer and paladin, with a strong sense of justice and right. Due to his righteous and noble attitude, he can always be found inside the Temple of Mirsa in the Crystal City.
The only exception to this is when he obtains the "Ice Sword" during the quest of the same name. He will always purchase it before you can (thought there is a trick to obtaining without ever giving him the chance), and you must find a way to obtain it from him: by purchase, recruiting or killing him.
- Gray's Scenario: Starting character
- Other scenario: Recruitable from inside the Temple of Mirsa, Crystal City
|Weapon||Single Sword||Shield||Great Shield|
Galahad appears as an obtainable card.
- If Gray is picked as the main character, Galahad and Myriam start out in Gray's party on Ligau Isle.
- If you have a spare slot in your party during the "Ice Sword" quest Galahad can join (depending on your alignment to the Gods), thus obtaining the sword for free.
- Killing Galahad over the Ice Sword will have a large impact on your alignment towards Evil. It will be doubled if you had him once in your party.
- In "A Bard's Tale", it's mentioned that Gray kills Galahad for the sword during the Obsidian Sword portion of the story and was brought back to life, since he is in the same party at the time. He even says they could have negotiated given that they worked together before.
- Oddly enough, Galahad's concept art shows him using a gun and small knife, though his default battle style is that of Two-Handed Swords. Since no playable character uses guns in battle, this discrepancy is never explained.
- In Romancing Saga, Galahad has a full head of hair.
- He and Gian share the same sprite in Romancing Saga.
- Galahad is the only character in Romancing SaGa that is unable to be kicked from the party via the Pub, the in-universe explanation being the bartender considering him a very powerful knight. This ultimately removes the ability to remove party members in general, due to Galahad blocking access to the menu.
- He and the Bard are the only characters that are unable to be removed under certain conditions in the Romancing SaGa trilogy.