|Romancing SaGa/Minstrel Song character|
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song
Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
Jamil (ジャミル Jaamiru?) is one of the 8 main characters in Romancing SaGa and its remake Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song. He was born in South Estamir and can be found at Altours, Bruelle, Tarmitta and Yeoville.
He was voiced in Japanese by Hiroyuki Yoshino and in English by Ted Sroka.
- 1 Profile
- 2 Story
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Other appearances
- 5 Non-SaGa series appearances
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Navigation
Jamil has medium sized brown hair covered by a blue cap, he wears an array of blue clothing and he has more cloth wrapped around his calves, torso, and pelvis (?).
In Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, Jamil has a radically different design. He now sports dark green hair with most of it escaping his new hat, which looks more like a crown than a regular civilian's cap. The rest of his clothing is way more simple than the original, spirting a long sleeved shirt with the sleeves themselves being tied up, a long cloak with wavy designs, long purple pants, socks and shoes.
Jamil is shown to be an excelent thief, although held back by his best friend Dowd. He is shown to be quite loyal to his friends, he is very quick on the decision of saving Farah, no matter the questionable actions he has to take part in. Later on in the game, after some unfortunate events that take place in the Assasin's Guild quest, Jamil exclaims revenge for what they did to his partner.
If you let Wuhan live after the Wuhan's Secret quest, he will ask you to save his daughter from the Water Dragon. In that particular scenario, Jamil is shown to be extremely cocky, asking to be paid in advance, mostly due to his grudge against Lord Wuhan for the previously mentioned events.
He is also described to be a rather carefree and laid back type of person, as Sif exclaims that "everyday is a party" for Jamil.
After Farah's mother sends Jamil out to rescue her from a loan shark, the thief realizes he must dress up as a woman to gain access to where Farah is being held.
- Jamil's Scenario: Main character
- Other Scenario: Playable character, recruitable from Altours, Bruelle, Tarmitta or Yeoville, as long as the player does not have Dowd in his/her party. The one exception to this happens when the player plays as a female character. Jamil stays in Farah's house after that, and if a player does afterwards recruit Dowd, Jamil will remain there, giving you a chance to recruit both into the same party, however disbanding any of both will make you lose any chance of getting them back together.
Note: Recruiting Jamil unlocks South Estamir and North Estamir. The easiest way to recruit Jamil would be to first recruit Barbara, as she does unlock Tarmitta, which is one of the harder places to unlock.
|Neck||--||Ring||Ring of Protection|
Jamil starts out arguably the best-armed, with a very powerful Foil as well as an accessory that increases the rate at which Jamil can deflect attacks.
Jamil's high Agility and Dexterity growth make him a nimble sprite that becomes quite deadly with a Foil or Bow in his hands. His Magic is also fair.
Conversely, he has VERY low Endurance, Willpower, and HP; making him unable to withstand a lot of punishment from both weapons and Magic attacks. He also has low Compassion, making him a rather weak healer.
It's best to play Jamil to his strengths; as they are all he's really got.
Jamil appears as an obtainable card.
Jamil appears as an obtainable character.
- Please see the following for more information: Jamil/Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe
Jamil appears as an obtainable character. The regular versions of Jamil are obtainable as gacha units from the regular gacha pool.
SaGa Compilation Trading Card Game
Jamil appears as an obtainable card.
Non-SaGa series appearances
Jamil appears as an obtainable character as part of a crossover promotion with Emperors SaGa. His appearance is based on his original design. His attribute is Dark and his leader skill is Rapid Stream (ラピッドストリーム?). His Brave Bursts are Waltz sword (円舞剣?) and Samsung collision (三星衝?).
- "It is led by destiny stones and a thief of a different world. He is a urban thief who gets rid of money from rich people, growing up in slums of a different city of Estastill. However, there is no dark shadow in the personality, a popular person who gives generous loot to the poor, gives charity to women. However, because it is inappropriate because it is a signed person, it often runs away due to lack of work. However, the ability to overcome the repeated crisis is considered considerable. (運命石に導かれし異界の盗賊。異界の都市エスタミルのスラム育ちの彼は金持ちから金品を掠め取る都会の泥棒である。しかしその人柄に暗い影は無く、貧しいものには気前よく戦利品を分け与え、女たちに愛嬌を振りまく人気者。ただし、お調子者でうっかり屋なため、仕事をしくじり命からがら逃げ出すことも少なくない。もっとも、度重なる危機を切り抜けてきた実力は相当なものと考えられる。?)"
- —4★ Description
- "It is led by destiny stones and a thief of a different world. He got out of his hometown Estamir because he ramped up to save her childhood friend and went on a journey that was unavailable, he saved a sacrificed daughter, a vampire kidnapped by a vampire, a prisoner knight, etc, an assassinate guild It plunged into the plan of the evil spirit involving. The story of Jamir who played active in various parts of the world and stopped the resurrection of the evil spirit is still being handed down in a different world with its cheerful personality. (運命石に導かれし異界の盗賊。幼馴染を救おうと大暴れしたことから故郷のエスタミルにいられなくなり当てもない旅に出た彼は、生贄にされた娘や吸血鬼にさらわれた子供、囚われの騎士などを救ううち、暗殺者ギルドが関わる邪神復活の計画に首を突っ込んでしまう。異界の各地で活躍し邪神の復活まで食い止めたジャミルの物語は、その陽気な人柄と共に今も異界で語り継がれているという。?)"
- —5★ Description
- Jamil cannot be recruited to another protagonist's party if Dowd is already part of the same party.
- If Dowd is killed in the Assasin's guild quest during Jamil's playthrough, the player will be able to recruit Dowd in other playthroughs with different characters.
- In the original game, Jamil's unpenetrable disguise is actually just Claudia's sprites, though in Aisha's introduction he uses a standard generic female NPC's sprites instead.
- Jamil's dialogue in reaction to his disguise is changed in the english version of Minstrel Song, showing his disgust rather than him getting into character to make his drag more convincing for the guards.