SaGa 3: Jikuu no Hasha: Shadow or Light (サガ3時空の覇者 SHADOW OR LIGHT SaGa3: The Ruler of Time and Space: Shadow or Light?) is a game released in 2011 for the Nintendo DS exclusively in Japan. The game is a remake of SaGa 3: Jikuu no Hasha, featuring full 3D cel-shaded graphics, all new artwork by Gen Kobayashi and an arranged soundtrack by Kenji Ito.
This game was never released stateside, but it later received a fan-translation by Cain and Easton West .
Battles consist of turn-based gameplay featuring four available party members. The first half of the screen shows the available enemies being fought. Players can input their commands on the bottom half of the screen by selecting an action. Clicking on the tabs will allow players to select their actions ranging from weapons, magic, abilities, items and miscellaneous activities. Inputting an action for all party members will begin the action phase wherein the player characters will perform their selected actions in battle. The top screen renders the actions selected by the player. The game also features a fast-forward option for battles.
- Main article: SaGa 3: Jikuu no Hasha - Shadow or Light characters
The game features 4 playable main characters.
- Playable characters
- Dune - One of three children sent from the future to save the world form the Diluvius's flood. To save the future, he leads the adventure through space and time.
- Polnaref - One of three children sent from the future to save the world form the Diluvius's flood. He often acts on impulse but presses on with sheer power and determination.
- Milfie - One of three children sent from the future to save the world form the Diluvius's flood. Speaking with prudent and thoughtful words, she is the group's voice of reason.
- Sireugh - Born in this time, she was raised with three young children from a distant future. She watches over her friends who trust her kind character and big heart.
- Official site (Japanese)